Transportation and Storage of Concrete Pump Hose
There are some matters need to attention in the process of concrete pump hoses loading, unloading and transportation.
- Concrete pump hoses should be handled carefully in the loading and unloading process.
- Concrete pump hoses should be loaded and transported by classification and they should be made into rolls. Avoid hoses being bent overly and do not place other heavy objects on the hoses.
- Do not load concrete pump hoses together with acids, alkalis, oils, organic solvents, inflammable and explosive materials. Concrete pump hoses should not touch sharp products directly.
- For straight transport required concrete pump hoses, if the hose length exceeds that of the load compartment, the over-length part should be supported by bracket to prevent the hoses damage by the ground abrasion.
- If concrete pump hoses must be placed in the open-air places for a short moment, the ground must be flat and smooth. Hoses should be placed neatly with cushions and covers. Do not place heavy objects on hoses. Besides, hoses cannot touch heat sources.
- Concrete pump hoses should not be dragged anywhere in the carry process. Heavy hoses should be loaded and unloaded with hoisting equipment or specialized machines and avoid sudden injury of concrete pump hoses.
Concrete pump hoses are packed in large boxes, making them convenient to transport.
Concrete pump hoses are made into rolls, making them easier to transport.
There are some matters need to attention about the concrete pump hoses storage.
- Concrete pump hoses should be stored in the special warehouses where are dry, clean and well-ventilated. The relative humidity of warehouses should be below 80% and the temperature should range from -15°C to +40°C. Avoid exposing hoses to the direct sunlight and rain or snow.
- Store concrete pump hoses according to classifications and specifications and place responsible labels on the products for easier fetch. Do not stack the products at random.
- Concrete pump hoses should be stored as loose as possible. The hoses whose inner diameters are smaller than 76mm can be stored in rolls, but the inner diameters of rolls cannot be smaller than 15 times of hoses inner diameters.
- The stacking of concrete pump hoses should not be too high to prevent the hoses from deformation. Generally, the stacking height should not exceed 1.5m. And hoses should be removed from one stacking to another frequently, usually at least one time every quarter.
- Do not store concrete pump hoses together with acids, alkalis, oils, organic solvents or other corrosive fluids or gases. And keep the hoses away from heat sources more than 1m.
- The storage period of concrete pump hoses should not exceed 2 years. The hoses should be used follow the principle of "first in, first out" to prevent the hoses quality being affected for the long time storage.